We are currently looking to fill the following position. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Research Scientist
Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals is seeking an analytical chemist to join the company as its Principal Research Scientist. This is a unique position for an individual to contribute to an emerging specialty pharmaceutical company with both strategic direction as well as hands-on analytical bench work. The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the company's founders and CSO, and must be comfortable working in an independent start-up atmosphere.
- Control all laboratory functions related to analytical chemistry, including, but not limited to, managing overall laboratory operations, acquiring, setting up and maintaining analytical instrumentation, and directly executing bench work to generate analytical data.
- Be the main analytical resource for the company capable of efficiently planning the scope of all analytical work, developing and/or adapting analytical methodology and executing all aspects of product testing in support of pharmaceutical product development in an R&D environment.
- Provide analytical expertise and technical support during product scale-up and commercial manufacturing at third party contract development and manufacturing organizations.
- Recommend and facilitate the introduction of relevant technologies needed to support the formulation development function.
- PhD analytical or physical chemist with 7+ years, or an MSc with 10+ years, of relevant pharmaceutical industry analytical chemistry experience.
- Must be comfortable working within the lab setting and knowledgeable about the requirements of establishing and managing a laboratory.
- Self-starter who can be effective with minimal supervision.
- Extensive hands-on experience in the analysis of products, methods development, methods modification and stability testing.
- Key expertise must fall in the areas of HPLC and GC with knowledge of HPLC-MS, GC-MS and interpretive spectroscopic skills, including MS and NMR.
- Strong instrumentation skills necessary to conduct analytical instrument installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the company.
- Writing skills consistent with the ability to prepare concise, timely and accurate reports.
- Knowledge of relevant US FDA regulatory requirements.